c.1860 Nicolas Conver Tarot de Marseille
Published by Unknown maker, France, c.1860
Nicolas Conver, Paris, France c. 1760-1860
Free Shipping Worldwide
Deck: Conver Tarot de Marseille
Description: c.1860 printing of the famous 1760 Tarot de Marseille, realised with the original 1760 woodblocks of Nicolas Conver. The pearwood moulds were used for more than a century, as a result, the Marseilles Tarot by Nicolas Conver has been the subject of several colourings, with colours differing both in the palette used and the distribution of the colours on the surface of the cards.
· Style: Tarot de Marseille
· Titles: French
· Borders: single black-line
· Reverses: diagonal checkerboard pattern of squares
· Paper: pasteboard card-stock
· Corners: square
· Colours: green, blue, yellow, red, & a peach flesh-tone
· Cards: "Na Conver 1760" on 2 of Coins; "Conver France" on Valet de Deniers, "V.T" on crest of chariot in Arcanum VII.
Good condition, overall. Complete 78/78 cards, with signs of use and occasional patina, darkening, and light stains. Significant damage to the 3 of Cups, card ripped and taped together with some loss. Marginal 3 cm tear of Arcanum VII, small marginal tear Page of Coins. Corner and edge wear, with some chips, lacks, and clipped corners, some loss of paper on several reverses at corners. More significant corner damage on 9 of Cups, 10 of Wands, 5 & 10 of Swords. Faint crease on Ace of Cups. (See photographs)