c.1890 Grimaud Grand Etteilla Tarot Egyptien Type I, 78/78 cards
Published by B. P. Grimaud, Paris, France, c. 1890
Card Measurements: 6.3 cm X 11.8 cm
Deck: Grand Etteilla, Tarot Egyptien, Type I
- Style: Etteilla, Type I
- Titles: French
- Colours: chromolithograph
- Borders: single black-line
- Versos/Backs: blue and pink plaid cross-hatch
- Paper: pasteboard cardstock
- Corners: square
- Tax-stamp: on Two of Swords; “This stamp was in use in France from 1890 to 1917, and from 1922 to 1940.” The text reads 'RÉPUBLIQUE FRANÇAISE' and 'DÉCRET DU 12 AVRIL 1890'. (Endebrock 2011).
CONDITION: good condition, with 78 of 78 cards, no box, no booklet; with general wear and age, including corner and surface wear; as well as patina, moisture and ink stains, and soiling; see in particular ink stain on #2, #23, #30.